Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My First Try at Vintage

I am love with the vintage look...buttons, ribbons, lace, papers, all sorts of cool stuff. I recently placed an order with Crafty Secrets and got all of my goodies. I immediately jumped into it head first. I have never made anything that was "vintage" but I love the look when I see other people's projects. I really want to get into this and am so happy to have found a company like Crafty Secrets. I can't wait for their new stamps so I can get some more :).

On a personal note, I am in my last semester of my Master's degree in Spanish and am trying to get everything in order because my thesis is due on April 11th. I'm really excited but I also realize that it's just two months away. It just seems surreal because we are already into our fifth week of class and it is just flying by. I can't wait to have more time for other things...to expand my purse business and become even more devoted to card making and altering stuff. A part of me would really like to get back into scrapbooking but cards come to me so much easier.

Okay, here's the card!

Supplies:
Bazzill scallop cardstock
Crafty Secrets patterned paper...love, love, love
Crafty Secrets stamps
Vintage fabric and pin from stash
Copic markers...LOVE these!
Glitter Mist in Sugar Cookie on top of stamped image
Sewing done on my machine
Button is from Hancock Fabrics
Ribbon from stash

No comments: