Monday, February 11, 2008

Glitterfied!

Glitterfied is my new official favorite word...okay, I know I made it up but I still love it! I got all of the new Spica atYou Glitter markers and am just loving them. They work so well and really add a lot to a picture. I had colored in the Partygirlabella image the other night with my Copics but decided it needed spica-uped! I haven't used purple very much but I think that it turned out really well. It seems like the shades of purple mix better than with some colors but maybe that's just me. I wanted the scallop to stand out so I decided to use rhinestones all around it. I incorporated most of the colors in the patterned paper to tie it all together. I also got a wonderful RAK from my secret sister from 2007 that had the neatest brads and the purple polka dotted one was perfect.

We are getting more nasty weather this week but instead of tornadoes and thunderstorms it's snow and ice. At least it's January weather. It's so pretty and makes me miss the huge blizzards that I grew up with in Ohio. I really want a regular work week, as I work in a school, but I have a feeling that this isn't that week. We haven't gotten the call about tomorrow so we'll see.

Alright, after all of that jabbering...here's the card.

I also wanted to upload a closer up picture so you can see how the Spica pens glitter. It's really cool! I used the Spicas on the two red hearts, the icing on the cupcakes, and Bella's shoes. You can see it even better if you click the picture. It glitterfies!

Supplies:
American Crafts patterned paper
Copic markers
Spica atYou markers
Hanna sayings "Make a Wish.."
Bella Partygirlabella
Huge ric rac from Joann Fabrics
Making Memories brad
Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones (love these!)
Bazzill scallop paper

No comments: