Sunday, February 10, 2008

The End of Another Weekend

It seems that weekend days go by a lot faster than week days. Our school district hasn't been in session since this past Tuesday and I suppose I'll be ready to go back tomorrow. Hopefully all of the little ones won't still be sick.

I made an altered project for the My Favorite Things contest to be a guest designer for the following month. I didn't win but I am proud of my little tin. It started out as a hot chocolate tin that has been empty for months. I decided to put it to use! I used the "Be Mine" set from MFT. I modge podged the S.E.I. patterned paper to the tin...love this paper with the glitter on it. Then, I ran a strip of the hearts from this set around the bottom on a white sheet of paper that I also modge podged. I tied a bow with the pretty organza ribbon and added a small word frame on the front with some pink rhinestones put on top. I also decorated the lid that has to be pulled out (keeps me away from the yummy Dove hearts that are inside). I really like the chocolate box that's in the stamp set. I made all sorts of kinds of chocolates in my box. I'll include a close up too of that...if it weren't paper it would be in my belly :).


Close up of yummy chocolates (and my Copic coloring...yikes):

Supplies:
S.E.I. pattern paper
Paper Trey Ink white cardstock
Stampin' Up ink pad
My Favorite Things "Be Mine"
Copic markers
Crystal Effects
Cinnamon and Pink Stickles
Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones
word frame is from Joann Fabrics
organza ribbon from Michael's
Modge Podge
Wow...I think that's it!

No comments: