Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

My husband and I just got back from the Japanese steakhouse with full bellies. We decided to go there for Valentine's Day and we arrived about 20 minutes before the huge crowd did. It was nice but it's even nicer to be home with him.

For Valentine's Day, I made my husband an altered heart instead of a card. I had bought 10 of the $1 heart tins from Michael's in January and this is the first one that I did anything to. They are so cute and super easy to cover in paper. I wanted it to be bright and cute. I filled the heart with Sweet-Harts which is one of my husband's favorite candies. Crazy man doesn't really like chocolate! I put a layer of paper inside the tin as well and stamped "I love you" on the bottom with the same stamp set.

Here's the tin!

Here's a picture with the goodies inside.

Supplies:
Reminisce patterned paper
PTI cardstock
Copic markers
Spica markers
"Hugs and Kisses" Kim Hughes stamps
Heidi Swapp glossy heart
Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones
American Crafts ribbon
$1 section heart rhinestone

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Great job on the tin! My husband would love one of these. You filled yours with his favorite candy. Have a great Friday!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Well, isn't this just the cutest thing! Great job and a wonderful Valentine gift!