Monday, November 19, 2007

I Am Grateful for...

Wow! I made something that is not for Christmas! What a shock :).

I wanted to make something showing what I am grateful...it's important to think about this all of the time but this is the time of year where, I think, I realize it the most.

Also, Regina is holding a contest right now over at her Bitten By the Bug site and this fits in great there!


I attended the CATS cross stitch festival in Hershey, PA in 2002 and had this cute frame but never had a use for it...that is, until now! I decided to create an altered item that I can display every year. I used the Basic Grey Mellow papers along with Bazzill cardstock. I used Alphalicious and Doodlecharms with my lovely Cricut machine! I used the Alphalicious letters then traced my cute Doodlecharms leaves and acorn onto felt; then I cut out the felt shapes and handsewed them. I used Technique Tuesdays Williamsburg stamps for "for" and added little rhinestones that I bought at Michael's. I just used some white cardstock and printed my words out using various fonts then inked the edges of the papers. I added a line of pretty ivory lace that I found at Walmart. Oh yeah, I also used my Heidi Swapp edge distresser for the paper under "Grateful".

I think that it turned out really great and helped me to think about what I am grateful for and why. Regina, thanks for encouraging me to do this through your challenge.

1 comment:

jodene said...

I love your card. It's a great idea!! The felt flowers are a nice touch!