Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Spring...or so I Hope!

I didn't realize I haven't posted since Tuesday. This has been a long week and very busy with studying for a midterm with another one next week and trying to work on three research papers.

It's the first day of March and the weather here is actually nice for a change. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s so I hope it stays nice. Either way spring is on the way and I'm so happy about that. Spring is my favorite time of year with all of the flowers blooming, the smell of rain, opening the windows, cleaning and organizing, and the end of my Master's this year. There are so many things to look forward to. I made this card with some patterned paper that I found at my LSS which unfortunately closed yesterday. I guess I will be looking for new online stores...any suggestions? I already frequent Papertrey Ink, Eclectic Paperie, Whipper Snapper, My Favorite Things, Stamping Bella. I need to find nice resources for paper and embellisments. Guess I'll be doing a search!

The card for today uses my new cling mount stamps by Anna Wright for Whipper Snapper. I love the stamps and it was so fun to color them with my Copics. I paper pieced the pail and overlayed the flowers using a post-it note.

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
PTI white cardstock
Junkitz patterned paper
Whipper Snapper stamps
Copic markers
Spica atYou markers
sewing with machine
Making Memories brads
gingham ribbon from Joann Fabrics
Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones
Making Memories flower
Making Memories velvet brad

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

I really like the color scheme you chose for this card. Looks great!