Monday, March 17, 2008

PTI Butterfly Kisses

This is close to one of my most favorite cards that I have made. I just love the glittery butterflies, the transparency behind them, the three panels of color, the stamped images. It just came together well. In my mind, I love it! When I glittered the butterflies, I was concerned that you wouldn't still see the stamped image but it was no problem. I used Martha Stewart glitter and glue which I love! I stamped the butterfly trails on the transparency with my Palette ink pads and it seemed to dry just fine.

On another note, I've been asked by my principal to go to Owensboro tomorrow to talk to the ELL (English Language Learners) director and a teacher there about their program. We are getting a lot more ELL students in our district and we need to be ready. I'm actually very excited to be able to leave the school but still be on the job.

Well, the instructor that is working with me on my thesis has set a date of April 11th to have it ready to submit to him. The final presentation is April 22nd so the good thing is that I should work harder to get it done. That's the key word here...done....I just want it done! Don't these professors know that there are more important things than huge papers...like stamping. Wonder if I stamped 2/3 of my pages if that would count? :)



Close up of glitterfied butterfly:

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
PTI Butterfly Kisses
PTI Limitless Labels (for the saying)
PTI Little Lady for the butterfly trails
Stampin' Up markers to color saying
Transparency from Wal-Mart
Making Memories brads
Martha Stewart glitter and glue
Palette ink pads

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

Your butterfly card is beautiful. I like the colors you chose. The glitter is subtle, but sparkly. Great job on this one!

Julie Allain said...

Kristy I love your card it's gorgeous!!

You'll just have to let the professors know that your number one priority is crafting...I'm sure they'll understand ;) xx