Thursday, July 5, 2007

Caardvarks Uno Challenge

First of all, it's good to be back in the States and be able to play with my new scrapping area that my husband put together for me!

Onto the contest entry...
Okay, I have never entered a contest but I have a great time scrapbooking and cardmaking. I came across the Caardvarks blog that someone linked as a favorite. I needed to make a card for my cousin who is pregnant with her first baby anyway so I figured I would try my hand at entering my first contest just for the fun of it. The card that I made uses the Crib notes! stamp from the Very Punny set by Stampin' Up. I separated the stamp by putting the saying in a silver bookplate that was bought at JoAnn Fabrics. The brads are Making Memories and I believe that the ghost letters are also. The organza ribbon that is under the saying was bought at Michael's for my wedding a year ago. I used the Color Box brand stamp pad for the stamping and then used a white marker for the dots. I crumpled up the paper and distressed the edges with the Heidi Swapp edge distresser. I used My Mind's Eye paper which I absolutely love along with some Die Cuts With a View orange cardstock.

Enjoy!







No comments: