Friday, July 13, 2007

Caardvarks Nine Time Challenge

Today's challenge was a true challenge for me! I was afraid that it would have to do with a clock or time and I found this morning for this to be true. I looked through everything that I had and the only thing that had a clock of any sort was a Technique Tuesday stamp but it wasn't quite what I wanted so I decided to use my Cricut machine and make my own clock. I used Wild Asparagus patterned paper along with Bazzill cardstock. I had a stamp that said "Cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow, live today." that I picked up from Michael's. I used little Prima flowers from a grab bag with Heidi Swapp and Making Memories brads. I used a transparent butterfly by, I think, Bohemia. I embossed the phrase with Opaque white and then added some blue rick rack and some beige lacy ribbon on the right. I bought the rick rack in Costa Rica where it is just cents per meter and the lacy ribbon is from Hancock Fabrics. I used George and Stamped with my Cricut. I cut out a circle then cut it into fourths and put the numbers from Stamped on the clock.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

I too was afraid that this challenge would have to do with a clock. This was the hardest for me.

I think you did a great job. Really like your card.

Allison Cope said...

Wow! Great job on the card! Love that you made your own clock! Gorgeous colours!