Friday, July 25, 2008

PTI Blog Hop

Photobucket

Just bear with me....it's summertime and I have a bit more free time than normal. Onle a week left though and it's back to work. Well, tonight is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! Yippee! Make sure you come chat it up with everyone at the forum: Blog Hop Chat. Tonight's challenge was to use vellum. I got addicted to the vellum and couldn't stop making projects. I even made a gift set for my sister-in-law who was so very helpful today in my new classroom. Thanks for checking out my projects and for commenting!

I love, love, love the Floral Frenzy stamp set. I stamped the two sizes of flowers and then added buttons to the centers. I wanted ribbon in the buttons but it wouldn't fit so I cut long-ways down the twill ribbon. I love how it turned out so whispy like some flowers in real life. The background is vellum and so is the butterfly which is Stickled around the edges. I attached a Making Memories (MM) metal tag with a MM fuzzy brad over the saddle stitch Lemon Tart ribbon.

Just a close up of the ribbon, button, and butterfly.

I used the Floral Frenzy set and just LOVE these flowers. They stamp so beautifully on the vellum and I love how the chocolate brown centers stand out. I used the chocolate brown polka dot ribbon. I decided that this card needed some glitter. I ran the Nestability through the Cuttlebug and then put a square of the nesting size on the scalloped square. I went over the scallop with Martha Stewart glue and then sprinkled Martha Stewart amythest glitter over the Lavender Moon cardstock. It sparkles so nice :).

Close up of the glittered frame around the flowers.

Just loving the flowers from Flower Garden. I put dots of Crystal Effect in the center of each flower and used a Making Memories metal tag.

I made this gift set for my sister-in-law who volunteered to help me organize my new classroom that was a disaster. I made the card, bookmark, and stamped on the tissue paper. The bookmark uses the lovely vellum.

I made this bookmark for my sister-in-law for helping me out. I stamped the same three quilt squares and then colored them in with coordinating Copic markers. I used the three colors of ribbon and then put the spool over top because it looked like it was missing something. I finished it up with a saying.

Close up of tissue paper with stamped spool (I stamped the image with Sweet Blush on the pink tissue paper so it's very subtle.)

42 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Wow Kirsty you have been busy, all wonderful projects, I'm loving the one with the flowers stamped with lavender moon.

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness you are as prolific as you are talented - How inspiring - there's nothing that isn't fabulous!!

Donelda said...

Wow Kristy, I was so looking forward to your creation all day and you did not dissapoint!! I love all your flowers stamped on the linen vellum....I think flowers just look the best!! and that card with the quilt is awesome - love how you added all the ribbon!! What a great showing!! Thanks for your inspiration!!

B said...

Kristy - what an amazing job on all the different techniques! There's no such thing as going overboard! :-) Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas! Loving them all!

Latisha said...

HOLY MOLY GIRL! Your cards are terrific!

Frogwoman said...

Wow! What a beautiful job.

Traveling Mama said...

Wow! These are all so amazing!

Lori said...

These are all fantastic!

Kacey Elliott said...

WOW - you were very busy! Great use of your vellum - I hope you didn't use it all :-) Beautiful cards!

Regan said...

Holy HANNA!! great stuff love that vellum, sadly mine did not get here in time

Janette said...

awesome job! All of these are terrific. I think my fave is the quilt project

Kathy H said...

Great projects Kristy...By the way, I received your package today...Thanks you very much...

Niki Estes said...

Wow, you've been busy, Kristy! They all turned out so neat! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Your work is fantastic!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy girl! All the projects are GORGEOUS! I love them all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects!

Marie Cramp said...

You did not go overboard, you did great. Love the projects.

Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Kimberly Crawford said...

you busy girl, you! always lovely, each and every project!!! :)

Jeanne said...

WOW! Love the soft and gentle touch of the pinks with vellum. Love the extensive detail of your project!!!!!!! Love the texture the paper adds.

Anonymous said...

Kristy, Everything is so pretty. I love each of these. I especially like the buttons in the first card. TFS!

Unknown said...

Awesome projects. Totally awesome.

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness, you have been so busy!! All these projects are beautiful!

Annapurna said...

Lovely projects. Some great ideas here. TFS.

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, WOW! You've done an over-the-top gorgeous job with the vellum challenge!

Diane said...

WOW! These are all great!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, everything is so nicely done!

Molly B said...

Wow great stuff. Thanks for sharing all of it. -Molly B

Terri said...

You did a nice job on all of them. I especially like what you did with the quilt stamps. Great idea to use glitter on the scalloped frame too.

Chris said...

great projects!! they are all gorgeous!!

Marge said...

Wow!!! Beautiful projects!!!

Anonymous said...

Omagosh Kristy! you really out did yourself. These are all awesome!! And such a variety. You rocked this Blog Hop, sweetie.
Hugs,
Colleen

Kathy Lynn Toth said...

These are all great - but I think I love the quilt set the best. It looks so good! Glad for our sakes you "went overboard"!

Kevin Renz said...

Wow, lots of eye candy and its all yummy! Great job Kristy.

Tamara said...

So many great projects! I love the texture the linen velum ads to the projects I have seen

Unknown said...

Wow! What awesome projects Kristy!! Such a talent!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's all so pretty! And I LOVE the stamped tissue paper!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - so many wonderful things to view and admire!

IamDerby said...

So many great projects Kristy! My favorite is the very first one. So pretty.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW! Gorgeous!

katemeri said...

Hi, I found your blog today through the blog hop. You make beautiful cards!

Kate in Costa Rica

ohradiogirl said...

So many cute cards.

One Creative Life said...

Wow you were busy! Your projects turned out wonderful!!