Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bitten By the Bug Submission

I made this card for the Bitten by the Bug contest. I think the contest ends on August 3rd, so you still have time to go check it out! For the challenge, we had to find inspiration from a magazine picture. I used the colors and then created a sketch from the picture, which really did end up being inspirational. I used black, kraft, and spring moss as my main colors and who couldn't use a little pink, especially since the ad is for bras. I zigzag stitched on the card and used the three lines of kraft along the bottom because it reminded me of the fence in the card. If I knew how to create a sketch, I would put my sketch in here but you may be able to see it just from the card. Sorry, I'm not more savvy.


Supplies:
Bazzill black cardstock (PTI, I need black cardstock :)) and scalloped paper
PTI Spring Moss cardstock and ribbon
PTI kraft paper
PTI Simple Things stamp set for saying
Heidi Swapp pink brads
Happily Ever After cartridge--tree with pink flowers
Nestabilities square

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

ooooooooooooo i love this....love it.....

Jenny said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

this is sooo pretty. I love the color combo and the flowers just pop

Julia Aston said...

Love this fun tree with it's blossoms! great zigzagging too!