Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Butterfly Garden

This is another project I made for this month's GSS submissions.

I used all PTI products. I had received a photo cube as a gift a long time ago and just put it in my "Things to Alter" drawer. I looked at it and immediately thought about how neat it'd be to make a butterfly garden out of it. I used PTI's Beautiful Blooms, Butterfly Kisses, Mixed Messages, and Out on a Limb. I used the last two sets just for the sayings. I cut out all of the flowers and some are popped up with dimensionals. I cut out some smaller butterflies and decorated them with Stickles before affixing them to the walls. I used the big butterfly in the center which is on a spring. I hid the bottom of the spring under a flower so it wasn't so noticeable. I embossed the butterfly in the center too. I finished the project by covering the outsides with Sweet Blush cardstock and tied it all with a Berry Sorbet ribbon.







2 comments:

Regan said...

this was gorgeous- just loved it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

what a great idea!! Very clever use for the photo cube! :)