Monday, July 14, 2008

Boards and Beams Entry

I love all of the releases made by PTI and Boards and Beams is no exception. The house is so much fun to color. I used my Copics and was inspired by a purple house that I saw when I was visiting my family in Marietta, Ohio. It was the coolest house and even had lime green accents. It could be very ugly but it was the opposite: awesome!

I am always roaming around in the Dollar Store where everything's a dollar and I especially love the frame aisle. It's such an easy way to create a unique gift. I found these really cool black frames with a nice thick mat. It also had a black frame on the inside but I took that out so that my picture would fit. I colored in the house with my Copics, added the saying, and then put a line of PTI twill ribbon along the bottom. I added Heidi Swapp brads on the ends since they match the Copic color "Putty" perfectly.

Thanks for looking! Make sure you go over to PTI tonight since it's their release night. There's always a fun conversation going on at the forums.


Close up of the house

A few of my favorite parts

No comments: