Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kick Off to PTI Anniversary

Nothing like anniversary month at Papertrey Ink to draw me back to my blog. Let's just say that life has a way of passing you by and I was so caught up in all of the events in my life that my blog got pushed completely and totally aside. We moved back to my hometown, had another baby, bought a new house, my husband and myself both got new jobs, my husband had major surgery, and my baby had surgery at just a month old to correct a lip tie. That's the shortened version; don't worry, there will be no longer version later. Papertrey Ink is, by far, my favorite stamping company. I have been one of their loyal customers since the beginning, seven years ago. I went to CHA in Orlando and Chicago, and I traveled to the Stamp-a-Faire event in Cincinnati. If it has to do with PTI, I'm all ears. I decided that I was going to get some "me" time and that I would participate in as many anniversary contests, especially that have to do with making cards, as I could. I must say, it has been great, and it's only the beginning of the festivities! My first card is based on a sketch and a color code that Nichole provided on her blog. By the way, I'm so excited that these sketch and color recipes will be available for download. I wanted to do something with the star borders and so I just decided to line them up, use Versamark to stamp designs on top of them, and then I die cut the word "congrats" from the Wonderful Words collection. I added a vellum star behind the word because it just seemed to need one more thing. I love the little tiny confetti stars that are made from the middle star border.

No comments: