Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PTI Stripes Challenge

The most recent challenge was to make a card that focused on stripes. I had several ideas running through my head but all of them had to do with various shades of one color and glitter. I tried the ultra glossy first but something went wrong and it was a disaster. I decided to get out my glue pad and just layer on the glitter. I don't often grab green as my main color scheme but I had three shades of Martha Stewart glitter that made the Papertrey Ink Watercolor stamp set just pop. I accented the phrase with some lavendar rhinestones. I like the simplicity of the card and I think they'd be great to make as a set. My only problem is that my entire craft space floor, the stairs leading back upstairs, my hands, and various other parts of our house are littered with glitter. Go figure! Here's the card and another picture that hopefully shows off the glittery loveliness.
I didn't actually make this card but my son, who is three, made for his daddy for Valentine's Day. I let him pick out all of the parts that went on the card and he even did the stamping. I'm so proud of my little man. He was so very proud of his project when he was finished and was excited to tell daddy that he had a "surprise" for him.

No comments: