Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February Blog Hop: Think Spring!

I don't know about you but we've had one long winter. As much as I enjoy the snowflakes falling from the ground and the snowmen built in our front yard, I would definitely say that I'm ready for spring. Papertrey Ink's blog hop is to make something that would bring on the spring. I decided to make some box sets of cards for Mother's Day. I chose three lovely spring colors: Summer Sunrise, Lavender Moon, and Hibiscus Burst for the covers along with Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, and Plum Pudding as the darker accent. I used Smokey Shadow as my neutral color because I wanted a bit of a softer feel that I could get with the gray shade as opposed to the True Black ink. Even though I was up very late last night finishing the cards, I'm very glad that I made all three sets. I put three cards in each box; I added two thank you cards and one birthday card along with the envelopes. I took a ton of pictures but won't post them all here. I'm just going to show a sample of each type of card in the different colors and then a picture of the boxes. The first picture is the Lavender Moon version of the box.
The next three cards are samples of the cards that I made. I made one of each in each color for the three boxes. I won't bore you with all nine cards though. :) The first thank you card features the Chevron cover plate and all of the stamped images are from the new Garden Grace stamp set, which is very much one of my favorite floral sets.
I wasn't sure if I liked this card when I first started making it. It sort of reminded me of cheetah spots, which could be a cool alternative for the use of the small flowers in the Garden Grace set...may have to try that sometime. Anyway, I put three of the individual flowers together, stamped them, and then did the overlay. I cut out the "thank you" words and just doused them in glitter.
The third card is the most simple and is just a one layer card. I'm not always good at one layer cards but I do really like how this one turned out. I think the Garden Grace set is just so lovely it doesn't need much extra.
I did take pictures of the sets and am going to include them but just because I think they look so pretty all laid out on the table.
I hope you enjoyed hopping to my blog and I hope my mom enjoys her Mother's Day box of cards!

4 comments:

Kathryn A said...

Oh, your Mom is going to lover these!! They're beautiful! Love the Garden Grace set--can't wait for mine to arrive!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow These are awesome.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card sets!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so pretty! I love how you used the new stamps!