Sunday, May 20, 2012

MIM: Using Borders to Make Flowers

I am using the Make-It-Monday projects as a way to jump back into card making. I was so busy with work and trying to keep up with things at home that I wasn't making time to papercraft. The MIM projects are inspiring and do-able so I'm a happy camper. I ended up going a bit vintage with this card with the background paper from My Mind's Eye, the tinsel glitter, and the tea-dyed edges. I loved making the tiny tag. I used elements from Garden Variety Two to put together the stamped images on the tag. I think I could just make hundreds of little tags, I love the detail-oriented parts of projects. For MIM, I had to use a border die to create a floral accent. I used the Eyelet Lace Die for my flowers. The cool thing about this die is that there are the circles that cut from the centers. I die cut three strips of felt and then adhered the opposite color inside of each of the rolled flowers. I was pretty happy with this card; it might have to stay in my craft room :) I'll at least have to make more flowers with all of the border dies.
A close up of the tag and the border die flower.
The edges of the flowers look extra pretty too because of how it overlaps.
I {heart} Tiny Tags!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.