Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random cards

Before I share my cards, I just have to say that there is only one day of school left for the year! Of course, teachers will come Friday and then we also have professional development next Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It's nice that it is summer as I will be in my best friend's wedding in June and then will spend the rest of the month in Costa Rica but I am looking forward to really spending some time relaxing. I forget during the school year what that means. I also am getting my purse business off the ground and am actually doing well. I have several orders to fill and it's starting to feel overwhelming. I just have to make sure that I keep up with the orders because I really want this to work out.

I have been hard at work on four cards for a variety of occasions.



I made a card for my dad's birthday. I really like the sage green, blue, and black combination. I used some of the Michael's dollar stamps and then stickles on random parts of the card. The more I look at it though, the more I am not sure if I like it.


I also made a card for Mother's Day that uses bright green, orange, and blue. I used Technique Tuesday stamps for the butterfly as well as for the word "mom." I enjoyed stickling and cutting out the butterfly. I punched eyelets and added a turquoise ribbon.



Next, I made a card for my cousin who is five months pregnant and was hit by a car. She is doing well but she's been through so much. I wanted to send her a thinking of you card. I stamped "Thinking of You" with a Technique Tuesday stamp. Also, I used my Cuttlebug to cut out three felt flowers then used some green rick rack as the stems.


The last card I made was for a friend whose dad passed aways due to cancer. I used My Mind's Eye paper as the background and stamped on a set of flowers from Stampin' Up. I added Heidi Swapp brads, rick rack, and stamped "With Deepest Sympathy" from my Technique Tuesday set.

No comments: