Monday, May 28, 2007

Costa Rica

In one week from today, I will be on my way to Costa Rica for the month of June. My trip will last from June 4th to the 28th. I am really looking forward to this trip although I will be taking two Master's classes there. First, let's get the classes out of the way...one is a directed study and I am preparing a unit of study for my 3-6 graders. I will review and complete the unit with an advisor while in Costa Rica. The other class is called Comparative Education and we compare the educational systems of Costa Rica and the United States. I am excited to be able to get a semester of credit in 4 short weeks in a foreign country :).

Now, onto the fun....we will be traveling through Costa Rica (the country is the size of the state of West Virginia) and visiting the beaches, rain forest, and volcanoes. I am so thrilled that I will have my new Canon Digital Rebel XTi with me but I am going to keep it with me at all times. Apparently, the monkeys will steal anything they can from visitors. There will also be a time in the rain forest when we will be walking across the Arenal Hanging Bridges which is a series of 15 bridges that go through the dense section of the rain forest. We will see if I can conquer my deathly fear of heights. Overall, I am thrilled to be able to go but will miss my husband and the ability to scrap and stamp. Who could pass up this opportunity though?

No comments: