Monday, August 17, 2009

Milk Made for Friends

I must say that I have purchased every Timeless Template from PTI. Lauren is so very talented and I admire her creativity and just love to see what she has each month. I've particularly fallen in love with the Milk Made template. I envision a very vintage project with it also in the near future. I was able to get some awesome stamps from Crafty Secrets at CHA to add to my vintage collection and just think of when milk was delivered door-to-door.

Anyway, I made this project using the In Bloom stamp set, which just rocks! I love the saying as well and all of the flowers are great for coloring or to stamp and then just cut out the images. I used Enchanted Evening, Raspberry Fizz, and Kraft. I love the blue and the pink together...such bright colors! I had to add a little something to the lid of each milk carton so I just punched out a little border and added some Martha Stewart punch butterflies after stamping the texting backgrounds onto the butterflies. I really enjoyed making this project and it'll be such a cute gift for lotions, candies, or other great friend gifts. I put a little 1/4 inch base inside of the box to pop up the cartons just a little bit because I wanted more of the flower to be visible. Okay, I think that's enough info...I'll just post the project :)



Here's a picture of one of the milk cartons.


Here's a close-up of part of the saying that comes with the In Bloom set:


I just love the butterfly with the text background stamped on it. I had to add a little Raspberry Fizz colored rhinestone on each butterfly too.

No comments: