Monday, August 3, 2009

CHA 2009

Wow! What can I say? CHA 2009 was incredible. I went primarily because of PTI....I'm such an addict. I do love the free set and am so glad it's at home with me. Being at the conference inspired me to immediately get back into some ink and stamps. I decided to start with my free PTI set :). School is back in session this Wednesday and I needed a clock. I went to Wal Mart and bought a $3 clock and knew that I'd change it's image. I'd seen others online do it so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult. It ended up being really simple...I just stamped my seven just a tad bit too much to the left lol. Guess it gives it character. Anyway, I took the clock apart and just started stamping.








I also won a prize at CHA :). My friend Claudia and I each entered a drawing for a Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing and Embroidery machine. Guess where that machine lives now?

Yep, my house!!! Claudia and I were literally jumping up and down and screaming while everyone around us were staring. We checked out at the booth we were at and ran over to the Brother machine booth. I was so excited!!! I had been saving my pennies for an embroidery machine but knew that it would be a long time before I could buy one. When I won the machine I almost cried with joy. Instead, I had a goofy grin for the rest of the day. The machine is worth more than the cost of the trip and hotel together! I can't wait to really find out what it's capable of and work embroidery into my purse business.

Here's my baby!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

OMG, what an incredible prize! I'm so glad it went to someone who is a sewer and interested in embroidery. I have a beautiful embroidery machine, and it's so much fun - especially during the holidays. Enjoy your prize! And the clock is aweseom :)

Heidi said...

Your clock is beautiful! Congratulations on winning the machine!! I'm so happy for you!

Melissa said...

Your clock is gorgeous, great job! And congrats on the sewing machine, what a great prize!!

Rebecca said...

I love what you did with the clock. It looks fabulous. And how very fun to win a machine like that! Way to go!!!