Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thank You

Well, I start work on Monday officially and the kids will be at school on Tuesday. I am finally getting somewhat excited about it. I don't know how the year will go because I am still roaming the building with my cart and now there is a portable outside. Good thing I'm flexible! I am thinking of designing an all-terrain cart though with windshield wipers, chains on the wheels, and all-terrain wheels....just joking! Anyway, it'll be okay because I love my job enough that it won't matter.

I did get into my card supplies again but it's rare these days as I volunteered to make a pair of pants for my sister-in-law. She's had the same pair for a long time and absolutely loves them. I ripped the seams all apart and used those pants as a pattern. I got the red pair done last night and was so thrilled that they look like pants!

Here are pants that I made. They don't look at good laying out flat but I'm proud of my first item of clothing!


You see, when I was in high school, I took industrial arts which I loved. However, I did not take home economics because I didn't think that I needed it...what in the world was I thinking???? Now, I have a business where I sit down at a sewing machine and I have had to teach myself everything. My aunt has been incredibly helpful though!

Anyway, here's the card that I made for my mother-in-law for such a fun trip to Lexington. We really had a blast!



I used the black, red, and white color scheme again...seems popular for me these days. I used the Montage stamp from Michael's again but did something a bit different. I colored the vases in red and black but then mounted them by hand to a piece of Bazzill black cardstock and sewed around the edge with red. I stickled the stems of the flowers. I distressed the edges with Brick Red Distressing Ink and doodled around the edges. I stamped "thank you" on the card with a Technique Tuesday stamp and added some layered rick rack along the bottom.

No comments: