Monday, January 26, 2009

I Really {heart} Stampavie

Good evening all! Anyone else in for a bunch of wonderful winter weather? Like how I made that sound like a good thing? :) We have heard anything from an inch of ice to a foot of snow. I don't think anyone knows. As my freshman were on their way out the door of class today, one of them said, "See you Friday Profe!" The sad part is, he may be correct.

So, for the sake of pretending it's not cold, here's a cute Stampavie card. I LOVE their stuff! I want to order all of their stamps except that the bank account is a bit dusty with the pennies that are left in it.

Today's card is not really a card and it's not really what I intended. Shall I explain? Well, I wanted to use the Bazzill scallop cardstock so I grabbed it out of my newly organized container. I got out my lovely Scor-Pal (love this thing!) and scored where I had calculated the mid-point. Okay, someone must have blindfolded me because it wasn't the half-way point. Next step, two options: 1)create something else or 2) throw the pretty scallop papers back in the scraps and use it later. I used option one. I decided that it'd be great for a CD of sweet music for my DH for Valentine's Day...now to do the technological part and make the CD :). Anyway, I just made another score mark and now it had a label edge for the information. Influenced by the cool edges by PTI I labeled it as volume 1, number 1 and used my Stickles to make little hearts. I got to color with my Copics again, which is always so wonderful! It's very relaxing and so much fun.

Wow, I'm long-winded today. So for anyone who read through all of this, here's the card!


A close up of the CD edge:


Supplies:
Bazzill scallop cardstock
PTI white cardstock
Stampavie stamp
Copic markers
American Crafts flowers
Random brads, probably Making Memories glitterfied ones
Stickles
PTI ribbon
PTI stamp set: Simple Alphabet
Basic Grey: Urban Prairie cardstock

No comments: