Thursday, September 27, 2007

I've been on a birthday card kick!

Okay, here's yet another birthday card. A lot of people were born this time of year in my family.

Today's card mixes white, black, pink, and olive green. I wasn't sure at first of the color combinations but I really think it turned out well.







Supplies:
American Craft patterned paper
Bazzill Scalloped card stock
Bazzill pink and white cardstock
Walmart faux rhinestones
Rhonna Ferrar buttons
Black ribbon from ribbon stash
Heidi Swapp and Making Memories rub-ons
Technique Tuesday Williamsburg alphabet stamps
Heidi Swapp edge distresser

Card basics:
Cut black scalloped cardstock in half and then fold so that you have a 6" by 6" card. Cut a piece of pink cardstock then layer that with a piece of white cardstock that has been distressed with the Heidi Swapp distresser. Adhere patterned paper to that. Add rhinestones to tips of flowers. Add three buttons (I used one of each of pink, green, and white) to the corner. Tie ribbon into a pretty bow on top of the patterned paper and slip a piece of pink cardstock under the ribbon with either a rub-on or stamped "birthday". Use Making Memories "happy" on the right top part of the patterned paper. Doodle a few black dots on different parts of the card.

I ended up with two very similiar versions but it doesn't seem as if I can ever to the same thing twice. Let me know which one you like better.

No comments: