Monday, September 3, 2007

It's a Boy

My cousin and her husband had their baby boy last week and I wanted to make them a card. I wasn't able to go to the baby shower where they made her a scrapbook so I had a nifty idea. I made a 6 X 12 card that she can unfold and use as a scrapbook page and maybe put the baby's picture in the top half....inventive, eh?

Anyway, for the card details. I think I couldn't have put anything else on the card!
Supplies:
DCWV cardstock
DCWV Glitter Stack
white rick rack
green fuzzy rick rack
Martha Stewart twill tape
Random hemp-like twine
Wal-Mart faux rhinestones
New Arrivals Cricut cartridge for train and "It's a Boy"
Hancock Fabric orange buttons
Diamond Stickles
Crystal Effects
Queen & Co. brads

So, after reading through an exhausting supply list, here's how I made the card. I knew I was going to make a train because I love the one on New Arrivals. I cut the base out in green, then used the neat DCWV glitter paper to add on top. I added Crystal Effects to the smoke coming out of the stack and added Queen & Co. brads to the top of the smokestack. I rickracked all three parts of the train. I connected the train pieces with some green beading string that I bought at Wal-Mart. I added big rhinestones to the wheels. The bottom is lined with Martha Stewart twill tape topped with fuzzy rick rack and three cute orange buttons from Hancock Fabric's. I stickled and popped the word "Boy" and cut out the phrase with New Arrivals.

It felt so good to use my Cricut again as I haven't used it in a while. It really is an amazing machine!







No comments: