Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Birthday TO YOU

Well, it's been a while since I've posted but I am still thinking about and working on different projects. My latest project was a simple birthday card for my FIL.

Just a little about my life before the details about the card. School started on August 14th with the kiddos. I'm having a great time teaching Spanish to the little ones and the method I am using keeps us moving and happy. On a second note, I started my semester at college. I have two Master's classes this semester and will graduate in the spring. I am so thrilled. I am enjoying the classes this semester. One is Contemporary World History and the second is Theories and Introduction to Translation. They are both actually really good classes. Plaid Leaf Purses, my business, is going fantastic as well. Life is good!

Okay, now onto the birthday card...
Supplies: DCWV card base, My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Bazzill card stock, SU Crystal Effects, SU Chocolate Chip stamp pad, Heidi Swapp stamp, Technique Tuesday stamps, Diamond Stickles, random ribbon, Making Memories brads

I used the blue card base and just put a piece of My Mind's Eye patterned paper on it with a piece of ribbon tied onto the left side. I stamped "happy birthday" onto Bazzill cardstock with SU Chocolate Chip stamping pad then stickled over both words. I added a row of brads on top of the "happy" block and put Crystal Effects on the brads...thought it turned out neat. I matted "birthday" and then put a small piece of Bazzill with "TO YOU" stamped on with Technique Tuesday Main Street alphabet letters. I think that's it! See, it's easy :).



No comments: